[WikiEN-l] Creation of user photographs

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun May 21 21:18:08 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Peter Mackay <peter.mackay at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Please don't be crass. Possibly the photographer went to immense trouble
> take a photograph. It doesn't matter, anyway. We can't just claim
> copyright
> over photographs because we think that the photographer didn't have much
> creative input.

Just querying your use of "we". Do you mean "Wikipedia cannot claim
copyright"? If so, no problem, Wikipedia does not claim copyright over
photos contributed to it. Or do you mean "Wikipedia's editors should not
falsely assert copyright"? In that case, true, but it's really their
problem, not ours. We're not going to get sued over it.

Steve