[WikiEN-l] Creation of user photographs

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Sun May 21 17:18:01 UTC 2006

> From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
> [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Anthony DiPierro

> On 5/21/06, Peter Mackay <peter.mackay at bigpond.com> wrote:
> > I refer to
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PICT4101.JPG] which was
> > clearly not taken by the subject, nor by using a tripod or other
> > support such as a wall.
> >
> Maybe he paid $1 to some homeless guy walking the street, and
> so it's a work for hire.

We shouldn't have to guess about photographs on WP. In any case, the license
used to upload the picture indicates that the subject is the creator, and to
my mind if the actual photographer is someone other than the subject, then
the subject is NOT the creator of the image.

> Anyway, you'd be better off asking him first, maybe he'll fix it.

There are two reasons why I won't ask him. The first is that I can't.

--Peter (Skyring)