[WikiEN-l] Proposal: limited extension of semi-protection policy

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun May 21 01:57:14 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, maru dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Semi-protection doesn't block just anons- it also blocks new users.
> And having to wait four days really kills the whole wikiwiki thing.

We should try and create the image that if Wikipedia is like a vast museum
where anyone can write anything on the walls, that they should avoid the
temptation to write next to the entrances - that's where everyone gathers,
and it's just too busy. Instead, they should find themselves a quiet corner
to themselves...

Steve