[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sat May 20 22:37:53 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:

> I have actually looked at de: Star Wars articles, and some play fast
> and loose with freeness. For instance, [[Chewbacca]] is illustrated
> with a picture of someone wearing a Chewbacca costume

The situation is even worse. All the images in [[de:Figuren aus Star
Wars]] are hosted on Commons, and for one a deletion request (with
little participation) has failed. This is not free content and can not
be until the copyright of Star Wars expires. These are situations
where we can have either fair use pictures, or no pictures.

I'm re-nominating all of those for deletion.

Erik