[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sat May 20 14:13:43 UTC 2006

On 5/20/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why do you think nationality ("American") is relevant, but
> not race, place of birth etc? Can we formalise some guidelines?

There is a guideline somewhere, or a rule of thumb that the
ethnicity-list editors use, but I can't remember where I saw it. I
believe it says we should add to the intro the nationality the person
held at the time they became notable (just the nationality, not the
ethnicity). I may be misremembering it because that sounds as though
it could get complicated, but it was something like that.

Sarah