[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat May 20 09:02:53 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

>>However, if anyone wants to agree to pay all legal costs in defending
>>the use of this image - and it is /highly/ likely that there will be
>>some if this image is used - then I say go ahead!  I'm sure Danny can
>>arrange for a contract to be drawn up with that agreed.  I'm not sure of
>>costs in the US - but I guess a few thousand as a down-payment for
>>initial legal advice would be sensible too.
>>

>I won't make any down payment, but I'd most likely be willing to sign
>such a contract.  Have Danny send me the details.

If I had read further in this long thread I would have seen this and
could have avoided my own comments which were very similar.  I don't
know about this contract; perhaps some kind of indemnity bond?

I don't always agree with you on these copyright law issues, but at
least I need to give you credit for looking up the laws that you talk
about.  I can't do that with everybody who makes comments on this subject.

Ec