[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sat May 20 03:25:44 UTC 2006

On May 19, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:

>>> The problem is there are a million bits of fan fiction out there so
>>> the cannon thing is important with starwars. You have to have it
>>> there
>>> unless you want pics of Han solo with 3 arms or something.
>>
>> Well, of course an artist's rendition should resemble what Han Solo
>> actually looks like in the movies instead of stupid shit like that.
>> But there's  no reason to stick with screen captures of the films
>> themselves.
>
> How about a Free photo of Harrison Ford and some image manipulation?

If we can find a free photo of a young Harrison Ford, sure.If you can
find a free photo of an old Harrison Ford, and photoshop it until he
looks young, and then photoshop it until he's in costume, sure.

But artist's renditions would be easier :)

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch