[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Fri May 19 21:19:28 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> On 5/19/06, sannse <sannse at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>> Anthony DiPierro wrote:
>>> On 5/19/06, sannse <sannse at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>>> It's your idea, why don't you set it up?
>> No.  The ball is firmly in your court.  Put up or shut up.
>>
>> --sannse
>
> LOL, OK, you make up some hypothetical offer on behalf of the
> Wikimedia Foundation, and it's my responsibility to contact them to
> find out that your offer was complete nonsense.

Why on earth do you think I made a offer on behalf of the Foundation? I
don't have the authority to do that.  I said that /I/ felt it was a good
idea, and that I'm sure Danny would be able to arrange anything
necessary... obviously that would be /if/ the Board agreed.  I don't see
any reason why they wouldn't - you'll have to ask and find out.

> I notice you haven't addressed the part of my post where I said that
> fair use *is* a right.  Probably because you now realize that there
> have been Supreme Court cases which have explicitly stated that it is.

I won't argue particular points of law, because I am not a lawyer or an
expert in law.  Perhaps a position you should consider taking yourself.
   I simply repeat what I've been told, and I chose carefully who I
decide to take clarification from

--sannse