[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 34, Issue 182

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 17:07:29 UTC 2006

Corollery to Loom91's First Law ([[WP:RAUL]]) states "Whatever must pass for the Truth on WIkipedia is necessarily determined by consensus". As for obviousness and common sense, Wikipedia's article on [[Ball]] begins with "A ball is a round or spherical object that is used most often in sports and games." Should that be removed because it's obvious (much more obvious than Plot Summaries containing spoilers, which is not particularly obvious)? An encyclopedia necessarily repeats the obvious for the sake of completeness.

  Moreover, there are supposed to be two separate Plot sections in an article on a novel ([[WIkipedia:WIkiProject NOvels]]) one of which is spoiler while the other is not. Expecting the reader to make the call is unfair and totally unnecessary. Any editor is bound to abide by consensus even when he/she disagrees with, otherwise consensus becomes meaningless. I'm sure no one will approve if I suddenly go about recreating userboxes deleted under T1. I again appeal to the editors who disagree with spoiler notices to give us a list of articles form which they have removed spoiler notices as a token of their good faith.

  Molu