[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:50:16 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, MuscleNerd <mnerd at musclenerd.com> wrote:
> I have apparently been accused of being a sock puppet by "Cyde".  I
> believe he took this action because I have been voting against his
> TFD recommendations.  And I don't think that's fair at all.

I don't think Cyde should have blocked you, given that he is the
person who made the TFD requests which you disputed. However, please
do understand that creating accounts apparently solely for the purpose
of voting is generally frowned upon. I can also understand the
suspicion of sock puppetry given that the issue you commented on,
userboxes, is one which is dominated by a lot of trolling and noise,
and is generally a highly Wikipedia-internal affair.

I am more inclined to believe that you are acting in good faith now
that you have shared your identity. Where does your interest in
commenting on this issue come from? Do you intend to contribute to
Wikipedia beyond sharing your opinion on this issue?

Erik