[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

abu hamza abuhamza1970 at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 08:34:23 UTC 2006

Hi,
my wiki name is saladin1970. I joined just 3 days but find myself banned.

i was banned by Jayjg . He cited the following reasons

1) 3RR rule
2) No useful edits
3) Copyright violoations
4) attacks on talk pages

They all seem very serious. yet when we look into each of the reasons, they
really have no substance.

1) I have two pc's one is shared at work - hence the same ip address and
editor
the othe is my home pc. I only reverted 3 times, as did my collegue at work.

2) I have made many contributions, including a section on moors in the
spanish inquisition, additions to the islam in china section, background
info on harold shipman and contributions to alan harts page and zionism
page, and turkic.

3) There have been NO copyright violations. Every post was referenced to a
website or to a book. All of whom allow references to as part of their
copyright. So there was NO copy right violation

4) there were no personal attacks on talk pages. The worst that could be
said was that i called someone a 'zionist'.

Clearly there is something more to this than the above, as these at best are
minor violations that would carry warnings.

however I contend that this blocking falls under the "not advised to block
rule".

my posts in the zionism forum have illicited strong responses . Including
the person that banned me jayjg.  These posts included
a) a section on the talmudic three oaths - which is the reason behind
orthodox jews who oppose political zionism.  This was reverted many times by
jayjg amongst others

also i added a further reading section book entitled "zionism the enemy of
the jews by alan hart",
who was a itv corrospondent during the 80's. His book is well researched
'historical and political' of the lead up to the creation of israel.

Given that Jayjg was part of this debate, i can see no other reason for my
ban (as the reasons given are spurious) other than to eliminate a user who
has a different view of zionism.

for this reason i am asking a moderator to look at the material posted by
me, and make a fair decisions as to whether i should be banned indefinately
thanks saladin