[WikiEN-l] Zero information is preferred to misleading or false information

Rob gamaliel8 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:52:44 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I object to any proposals that rely on challenges, requests, original
> authors etc. The wiki model explicitly rejects the idea that the original
> author is going to hang around or is contactable or responsible for his
> contributions. Once the article is written, all future contributors should
> be equally responsible for its content, no?

Exactly!  An uncited fact should not be a battleground between
opposing political viewpoints, where one side challenges the other
with "Either source this or I'm removing this fact I don't like
immediately".  Once an challenged fact has been in the article a
while, for years in some cases, all editors on an article should share
the responsibility of researching and verifying, not just those of a
certain political affiliation.