[WikiEN-l] Template:spoiler

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Wed May 17 11:06:49 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro schrieb:
> It's also common sense that an encyclopedia article on [[Fahrenheit
> 451]] is going to contain, you know, details on the plot of Fahrenheit
> 451.
>
> So can we please please get rid of [[template:spoiler]] while we're at it?
>
> Hell, I'm going to start a new thread on this, cause I'm serious.  I
> hate that template.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meinungsbilder/Spoilerhinweis
17 supporters, 81 people voting contra and 29 against even posing the
question for an encyclopedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansel_and_Gretel was a very useful example.

greetings,
elian

PS: some random musings...

==Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow===

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanhoe - spoiler warning present, though
no spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadeus - *wow* Mozart dies, who would have
guessed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_(novel) - I was reading the book
looking forward to the end and now you've spoiled it *booohooo*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnegans_Wake - another work which people
only read for its really surprising plot and end

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_of_the_Will - "The film fades to
black as the entire crowd sings the Horst Wessel Lied." - who would have
thought?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_the_King  - I mean, there's one
person who was really very sad when someone told her the outcome of the
tragedy. But she's a fictional movie character. (big surprise: the
article about the movie _lacks_ a spoiler warning!)