[WikiEN-l] CSD T1

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Mon May 15 20:49:12 UTC 2006

From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org]
On Behalf Of geni

On 5/15/06, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/15/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [[Piss_Christ]]
> > [[Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy]]...
>
> I hate that people keep bringing examples such as these up. There is a
> HUGE difference between NPOV articles being inflammatory to religions
> or people (such as [[Piss Christ]] and the cartoons thing), and
> posting inflammatory statements on your userpage!
>I can't even begin
> to understand how people can compare putting "I think GWB is an
> asshat" on your userpage with including one of the most notable
> cartoons in history in the encyclopedia.

Hey are you know going to argue that user namespace shouldn't be
inflamitory?

User pages aren't NPOV. The userbox problem is a direct result of this - the
debate is where to draw the line.

And yes, I'm back. I checked into my hostel in Frankfurt and spotted a
leftover Wikimania banner proudly displayed behind the desk. Didn't quite
get to Jordanhill Station, but I inadvertently visited Welshpool.

Pete in Canberra