[WikiEN-l] OT (was Re: Are these userbox templates NPOV?)

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sat May 13 00:19:00 UTC 2006

I had sent Prasad a few e-mails trying to encourage him that
exaggerating wildly undercut his message more than it did help it, and
was trying to keep it off-list since it has nothing to do with
Wikipedia at all. In any case, I apologize for this getting dragged
back in.

Prasad, again, I do not support most of the policies of the United
States towards terrorism (and certainly do not support racial or
religious stereotyping, coercive interrogation techniques, rendition,
illegal wire-tapping, etc.), but I think you exaggerate the situation
in a way which makes the critical view into a caricature -- an easy
straw man for people to knock down. My goal was not so much to try and
engage in a long discussion over this, but only to suggest that the
sober truth hits harder than does hysterical hyperbole. You are free
to ignore this, of course, as you no doubt will.

FF