[WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri May 12 16:12:17 UTC 2006

G'day Ben,

> Mark Gallagher wrote:
>>Ben wrote:
>>>I've heard a lot of people claiming that it's offensive but I'm just not
>>>seeing it.  How is it offensive?  All of the Christians I personally
>>>know who I've pointed it out to thought it was either funny or annoying,
>>>but not offensive.
>>
>>Mocking the cross?  You can't see what's wrong with that?
>
> I don't worship icons, so no, I really don't see what's wrong with it.

Oh, bravo.  No, you're not out to offend *anyone*.  You don't see how
any of this could *possibly* be offensive.  For Pete's sake!

I have some respect for your intelligence (more, it seems, than you have
for mine, or that of anyone else who has complained at you), so I can
only assume you're engaging in yet more immature trolling.  Consider
this my own special brand of AGF.

> And I didn't "mock" it, I just rotated the canvas ninety degrees thrice.

And a drawing of Mohammed with the caption "You Muslims think you're so
great, well how do you like this?" isn't mocking, either ... it's just a
few lines on a page.  It's funny how, if you break something down in
*just* the right way, you can say whatever you want and give it the ring
of truth.

> That's the problem with this religious stuff.  It's entirely subjective
> and inappropriate for use as, say, a deletion criteria.  Which is
> exactly what some people are trying to use it for.

I don't see what that has to do with you and Greg vandalising a page on
Wikipedia.  If it had been anyone else, they'd have been (at the very
least) given a short block and a ding around the ear.  But you spread
your hands and say "what's all the shouting about?  It's not like I did
anything *wrong*."

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"