[WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Fri May 12 00:34:25 UTC 2006

On 5/12/06, Ben McIlwain <cydeweys at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> This past day I have used the "mop" to block over a dozen vandals and
> clean up vandalism.  Guess what I haven't used the "mop" for ...
> anything that could possibly be considered an abuse.
>
> - --
> Ben McIlwain ("Cyde Weys")

Stop. Just stop. Enough is enough.

First of, I'm not a christian, I'm an atheist. I also hate userboxes,
I think they're ugly and clmusy, and in the case of CSD T1 userboxes,
they are downright harmful (which is why CSD T1 is really great).

However I don't mind people who are religious, nor do I mind people
who think userboxes are nice. In a democratic society, and in
wikipedia too, the philosopher Jagger got it right: You can't always
get what you want.

Userboxes are here to stay. Face facts and STOP BEING DISRUPTIVE!
There is a backlog of more than 15000 articles at WP:CU. Go be useful.

Also, as userboxes go, this is one of the most sensible ones. It
clearly makes its point and it clearly is NPOV. To say otherwise is
wikilawyering at best and WP:POINT at worst.

--Oskar

PS. I realise upon rereading my mail that it might be construed as if
I were equating belief in christianity with people who like userboxes.
It was not my intention, I have the utmost respect for people of all
faiths (exepts Scientologists, they're just wierd)