[WikiEN-l] Copyright question - illegal publications

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Thu May 11 23:22:27 UTC 2006

It is tempting to say, "If its publication IS illegal, then surely no
one will sue for infringement (since that would require claiming
authorship, which is illegal)", but that would only apply in the state
in which it was published, I imagine. Whether a publication is illegal
or not is probably a national issue -- something illegal in one
country is not necessarily illegal in the US, and wouldn't affect the
US handling of the copyright law.

FF