[WikiEN-l] The lovely world of celebrities

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed May 10 23:05:06 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/05/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/10/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Heh, good call.
> > >
> > > (I've often speculated about what is the least effort I would need to
> > > go to do do something notable enough to get a Wikipedia article.
> >
> > Get a gun start killing people (idealy kids) in a first world
> > anglophile nation. Or just kill one person of significance. In terms
> > of short term effort crime is probably your best bet. Second would be
> > dying in some notable way. Throw yourself under GWB's motercade or
> > something.
>
> Welcome to Wikipedia. We endorse mindless violence and a disregard for
> others in exchange for free-licencing of contributions and a brief
> altruistic feeling.

No. But due to our notabilty requirements on some level reflecting the
media, killers in first would countries get noticed. For maxium
visibilty make sure your victems are white, minors and female.

For a rather extream example more people have herd of [[Eric Harris
and Dylan Klebold]] than [[Lars Onsager]]

> > Assumeing you want to do something that would not completly mess up
> > the rest of your life politician may be an option. Some of the less
> > major olympic sports might be worth a try.
>
> What? Politicans DON'T have messed-up lives? I want some of what you're smoking.

They mess up thier lives somewhat less then serial killers. A
backbench MP who servers for only one term may well walk away with
only minor scars. A back bench EMP may do even better.

--
geni