[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Wed May 10 20:00:44 UTC 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 11:04 PM, Steve Bennett wrote:

>> Because then the judges (closing admins) have discretionary power,
>> and in that situation, decisions are made by admin aristocracy, not
>> consensus.
>
> Consensus already requires interpretation by admins, who have
> discretinary power to ignore it.

That power is strictly limited to upholding policy and Office
actions. There's a difference between admins interpreting consensus,
and abandoning consensus while delegating decision-making power to
admins alone. The latter is utterly unacceptable.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch