[WikiEN-l] Is this NPOV?

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed May 10 19:38:21 UTC 2006

Peter Jacobi wrote:

>Quite often, when I stumble by accident into an article,
>perhaps interwiki-ing from/to de.wikipedia, I find dozens
>of weblinks and not a single book given, even when they are
>easy to find, even for me.
>
>At some point of time we must stop trying to evolve
>into a backup copy of the WWW and draw from other
>sources.

Amen to that, and there are a bunch of editors who've evolved past
the "first 10 hits from Google" stage. It's remarkable how little is
online, compared to a university library; try picking random pages
of random books, oftentimes the net might have a mention of a word
or two, but none of the page's factual content.

Stan