[WikiEN-l] Research request

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:19:09 UTC 2006

On 09/05/06, Michael P. Tomaszewski <mpt28 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I would like to ask your permission to post a mail to the mailing list
> containing a link towards an online survey. I am really dependent on
> obtaining information empirically, and wikien-l seems to be the best way to
> do that.
> I didn't want to spam to the list, before discussing it with the admins in
> charge.  Do you think that would be feasible?

A few people have run surveys on wikien-l. They're not in plague
proportions as yet, so I don't see a problem myself. (I'm cc'ing this
reply to wikien-l in case anyone wants to say something either way.) I
assume you are aware of the hazards of self-selecting samples!

Do please give us a link to your research afterwards!

- d.