[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Tue May 9 09:02:53 UTC 2006

Molu wrote:
> You put it very well. The matter is demonstrated best by the question
> of notability. I believe all professors can have their articles, in an
> AfD debate many will disagree with me. Consensus doesn't exist. What is
> the closing admin supposed to do? If he is to apply his personal opinion
> regarding the debate then I most certainly disagree. We will be better
> off with voting than giving admins more power.

This argument is supposed to be countered by the guidance at
[[Wikipedia:Deletion guidelines for administrators]], namely first that
admins be "be as impartial as is possible" and then that "When in doubt,
don't delete."

> This system of weighing arguments collapses when there is no argument
> to weigh.

If there are no arguments to weigh, then the admin should refer frist to
existing guidelines and policy, and use that as the determining factor,
and if that does not aid, then a decision of no consensus is entered or
the admin relists for a further five days and expresses the reasons why
it has been relisted, calling for arguments to be made.

Steve block