[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon May 8 02:25:48 UTC 2006

On 6 May 2006 at 01:34, "Steve Bennett" <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking for myself, the existence of Pokemon is not directly a
> problem. But Wikipedia would certainly be better off if somehow all
> the effort that was expended on Pokemon articles was somehow invested
> in other ways.

However, the people putting in this effort are unpaid volunteers, who
are able to work on what they choose to work on rather than there
being any mechanism by which they can be ordered around.  This will
naturally produce an imbalance in the direction of whatever they
happen to want to work on, which might be Pokemon.

--
== Dan ==