[WikiEN-l] Criticism sections on bios of living people

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun May 7 01:07:58 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, A <jokestress at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having said that, I started editing a biography this week that led to
> a troubling series of events. The article in question, [[Xeni
> Jardin]], is about a blogger for [[Boing Boing]]. I did not know who
> she was when I started editing, but I saw that there was a lot of
> controversy about inclusion of a "Criticism" section, including a
> "xenisucks.com" site.

Hi Jokestress, that blog is not a reliable source within the terms of
the policies. Blogs may only be used as primary sources about the
author of the blog. To be used as third-party sources about any other
topic, the blogger has to be a widely known and acknowledged expert in
the area he's commenting on. For this kind of anonymous or
quasi-anonymous gossip, a blog is never acceptable. We err on the side
of caution when writing living biographies.

Sarah