[WikiEN-l] Criticism sections on bios of living people

A jokestress at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:16:50 UTC 2006

Thanks for the comments so far regarding a criticism section on the
[[Xeni Jardin]] article. While I of course agree that people who are
controversial should have that covered in their bios (like what I
wrote in the [[Paul Barresi]] article I mentioned above), I'm not sure
it's encyclopedic to include a litany of complaints from non-notable
bloggers and readers who basically don't like someone or their work.
Jardin doesn't seem that controversial. And just because she is a
blogger (on a high traffic award-winning blog) does not make all blogs
fair game for inclusion in the article. I argued that if some blog as
notable as Boing Boing had some criticisms of Jardin, that should be
included, but that's not the case here. There are questions being
raised regarding the interpretation of existing policies as they apply
to blogs. Muddling this a bit is that the xenisucks.com site was
mentioned by Jardin on Boing Boing and that was subsequently mentioned
in a tech column in the NYT. I'm not sure that qualifies as
notability, but there are strong opinions by xenisucks.com supporters
that the site is notable based on that.

At any rate, another editor opened a RfC, so anyone interested can
stop by and examine the evidence. It would be great if some
experienced editors and administrators would take a look and comment.
Thanks!

Jokestress