[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sat May 6 15:03:49 UTC 2006

> On 5/5/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:
> > On May 5, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:
> >
> > > That's a major problem. Perhaps if we change the emphasis from
> > > "deleting it", with its connotations of purging it from the surface of
> > > the earth, to "moving it out of Wikipedia"?
> >
> > Gah! Enough with these stupid euphemisms!
> >

> You mean differently intelligent

No, it's a euphemism. Even *I* agree with Phil on this one.

> > "Voting" has changed to "finding consensus", but the process remains
> > the same. User conduct regulation is called "dispute resolution", but
> > focuses mainly on finding a pseudo-judicial basis to ban troublesome
> > editors.
>
> Not true. Article RFCs can resolve dissputes. I don't know about medation.

What the hell does a *request for comment on an article*[0] have to do
with resolving a dispute between two or more users?

> I reserve the right to continue to use the description Vaporise in
> edit and deletion summeries.

"I reserve the right to continue to blah blah blah"

You don't have any, and putting "vapourise" would be both emotive and
potentially misleading for someone who's trying to use your edit
summary/deletion comment to...gasp...work out what the hell your
rationale is.

Rob Church