[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Sat May 6 13:34:49 UTC 2006

charles matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

    "Cheney Shill" wrote

    >I like this idea too, whether it happens via watchlist, a bot going through
    >the article's history, or both.~~~~Pro-Lick

    Oh great. Either others get to find out what pages I watch (traditionally
    confidential); or I get spam from times I corrected a typo.

I can understand the privacy issue and have no problem dropping watchlists as a potential source.  The "spam", however, is 1) not spam, 2) simply notifying you the article is up for deletion.  I don't think it's too much to ask for contributors to take a second to read the article title and decide if they care whether or not it's deleted.  The section title could say something like "Article Pokemon Porn is under deletion review" and the content could simply be a link to the deletion page.  If the bot is set to automatically ignore IPs and minor edits, there's even a way for you to avoid the notification by marking the typo fixes as minor.~~~~Pro-Lick