[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Sat May 6 12:52:51 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 5/6/06, Peter Ansell wrote:
    > In general, I would also like to see some sort of guideline and
    > enforcement for notifying major contributors to an article in advance
    > of nomination, not just letting them see the banner on the page, or
    > notifying them after the start of the process.

    Could be done automatically if everyone who has the article in their
    watchlist received a talk page message. Having the article in your
    watchlist demonstrates you care a bit - but doesn't confirm that you
    will actually see the AfD.

I like this idea too, whether it happens via watchlist, a bot going through the article's history, or both.~~~~Pro-Lick