[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri May 5 23:44:01 UTC 2006

> Every free internet forum has the same issue.

Yes...but not very relevant. The number of contributors to Wikipedia
is quite interesting and relevant to many people, but no reliable
figure is readily available.

> > Speaking for myself, the existence of Pokemon is not directly a
> > problem. But Wikipedia would certainly be better off if somehow all
> > the effort that was expended on Pokemon articles was somehow invested
> > in other ways.
> >
> > Steve
>
> Pokemon are massive. How many pokemon can you name? How many uk canals
> (my area) can you name?

Zero. Now, if all the people who had put 20 hours into Pokemon
articles had instead put 5 hours into Pokemon articles, and 15 hours
into cleanup of random articles, don't you think Wikipedia would be
better off?

Steve