[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Fri May 5 22:18:34 UTC 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:

>>    "Voting" has changed to "finding consensus", but the process
>> remains
>>    the same. User conduct regulation is called "dispute
>> resolution", but
>>    focuses mainly on finding a pseudo-judicial basis to ban
>> troublesome
>>    editors.
>
> You think?
>
> Look at the RfC on Whaleto.  Does that fit this description?  Very
> often problems are quietly resolved.  Of course sometimes they aren't,
> but I'd suggest that far more disputes are resolved than end up with
> indef-blocks.

My point isn't that we don't have dispute resolution. Article RfCs
and mediation are, in fact, forms of dispute resolution. But "dispute
resolution" also lumps in our user conduct processes, including user
RfC's (which are the most pointless thing ever) and ArbCom.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch