[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 21:21:57 UTC 2006

Philip Welch wrote:

> On May 5, 2006, at 7:17 AM, Phil Boswell wrote:
>> It's not
>> as if those articles on Pokemon are taking up space which would
>> otherwise be
>> available for your own pet subject.
> Undue weight. It's absurd for Pokemon to have 10,000 times more
> coverage within Wikipedia as, for instance, 19th century philosophy.

{{sofixit}}: rather than bitching that there are too many articles about
something you don't like, try writing more articles about something you do.

In the meantime, who's going to want to write new articles in an environment
which is at times actively poisonous towards newbies?

If you can get jumped with an AfD notice before you're finished writing a
simple Pokemon article, who will want to invest the effort writing a complex
article which will have "nn, delete" and "yah, boo, you're expertize meanz
nothing to us, you elitist pig!!11!!" plastered over it before the virtual
ink has dried?

We need to move towards an environment which will nurture the current
generation of Pokemon writers and help them mature into
19th-century-literature writers at their own pace, rather than drive them
away to their own little Pokepedia and lose them forever.
--
Phil