[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 20:21:10 UTC 2006

Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

    On May 5, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:
    > That's a major problem. Perhaps if we change the emphasis from
    > "deleting it", with its connotations of purging it from the surface of
    > the earth, to "moving it out of Wikipedia"?

    Gah! Enough with these stupid euphemisms!

    "Voting" has changed to "finding consensus", but the process remains
    the same. User conduct regulation is called "dispute resolution", but
    focuses mainly on finding a pseudo-judicial basis to ban troublesome
    editors. The pseudo-judicial body that bans troublesome editors is
    called the "arbitration committee", even though they're prohibited
    from actually carrying out arbitration by their official charter.

Exactly.  Rebranding doesn't change a thing.  The problems remain.  Let's change it to "Articles for Reorganization" just for the fun social interaction.~~~~Pro-Lick