[WikiEN-l] We need to recognize that advocating is a basic right

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 07:05:05 UTC 2006

That was an extraordinary case, such a thing is not likely to happen again within some time now. Wikipedia's systemic bias is not exposed in such a candid way very often. We can not use it as a benchmark.

  Molu

    On Thu, 04 May 2006 19:09:28 +0200, Raphael Wegmann wrote:

  "John Tex wrote:
[...]
> Attempting to stifle advocacy is harmful to the consensus building process
> and it is harmful to the project. If we try to prohibit it, it will just be
> taken off-wiki, which would be a huge shame.

It already happened for the JP cartoon poll:

http://www.dartblog.com/data/004950.html
http://thelittlegreenblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/more-on-danish-cartoons.html
http://penumbra604.livejournal.com/25659.html

... and probably many more.