[WikiEN-l] NPOV majorities/minorities

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:54:22 UTC 2006

I think the ambiguity is necessary -- 10 fringe sources do not
outweigh 2 sources from recognized authorities. But there's no easy
way to define fringe and authoritative, and there never will be. It's
the sort of thing which requires careful and impartial judgment, which
is something which cannot be easily codified, and attempting to codify
it is a bad idea.

I don't think we should see ambiguous policies as a deficit. Some
things will necessarily always require being hashed out each and every
time they come up, and things like "undue weight", and knowing where
to apply it, are more heuristics towards framing the discussion in a
certain direction, not an easy road to an simple answer. Discussion
and cooperation among editors will always need to take place in all
contentious circumstances.

FF