[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:33:01 UTC 2006

> Wouldn't it be better in this case to say, you know what, we actually
> have bridge experts, people who know about bridges, and these people
> ought to be the ones deciding, not random people on AfD.
>
> So how should this work in practice?

One possibility would be to work from the existing WikiProject
infrastructure.  They already function as the default gathering place
for editors working in a particular subject area; why not simply allow
them (within reason) to conduct their own deletion discussions?

The major problem here has always been the fact that there's no
barrier to creating new projects.  We want _established_ communities
of people working on a topic making these decisions; at the same time,
merely deciding to create WikiProject Controversial Articles shouldn't
automatically give someone the ability to control deletion
discussions.  The obvious suggestion would be to have some manner of
community screening process that would determine whether a particular
project was in decent enough shape to run a deletion forum
responsibly; but there are probably other approaches that could work
as well.

Kirill Lokshin