[WikiEN-l] Upload by default to Commons?

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:32:00 UTC 2006

Kirill Lokshin wrote:

> The image deletion process is, unfortunately, institutionalizing the
> assumption of bad faith.  See, for example,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:PUI#April 30 (specifically the
> discussion of the Himmler photo); people seem to be approaching the
> issue of image sourcing with the intent to delete as many images as
> possible, preferably for purely bureaucratic reasons.

I'm looking at that discussion and wondering whether the nominator actually
believes the other guy's claim that he works for the "National Personnel
Records Center" and therefore has some expertise in the matter.

The worrying possibility exists that he does indeed believe but is indulging
in his ability as a Wikipedia contributor to "cock a snook" at a
self-proclaimed expert.
--
Phil