[WikiEN-l] "should not be written by an interested party"

Thommandel at aol.com Thommandel at aol.com
Wed May 3 20:04:48 UTC 2006

In a message dated 5/3/2006 1:50:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jwales at wikia.com writes:

Mark  Gallagher wrote:
> And then you get people who'll insist that an article  MUST remain the
> way it is simply because its subject doesn't want it  to.

Such people should be beaten hard with the nearest available  cluebat.

> Moderation in all things.

Ok you are right.   Such people should be beaten _moderately_ with the
nearest available  cluebat. ;-)

What kind of statement is this? Are you joking or are you serious?  I  am not
a Wikipedian, nor do I have any desire to become one. I happened across  the
plasma cosmology page and was dismayed by the incorrect and misinformed
information presented there. When I tried to make corrections, which is how this
thing is supposed to work out, all my efforts were reverted. I have been
insulted repeatedly, blocked twice because I suggested that such behavior would
amount to legal action in the real world,  now I have been blanked because  my
citations on the talk page are beyond, I presume, the attention span of the
big bang group in charge of the plasma cosmology page who don't like what I have
 done.  Wikipedia is NOT produced by the people. the people may make the
initial contributions, but it soon taken over by the powers to be. And if those
admins are challenged, they resort to personal attacks and intimidation. At
least that has been my experience.  When I raised the question of "ethics"  on
this list, the reply was "A good wikipedian can do what he damn well
pleases."  A few agreed and that was the end of ethics. Not all Wikireaders  are
stupid, and when a cancer is not only allowed but supported by admins, then  it is
only a matter of time. And that time will come.  You can call me a  crank and
infer a pathology all you want, I know what I am without relying on  some high
school student's opinion.  It is sad though when the one person  who had a
wonderful idea and saw it though fails to lift himself above the  lowest.

Tommy mandel