[WikiEN-l] Verifiability equating to notability

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Wed May 3 16:49:21 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 4:38 AM, Anthony DiPierro wrote:

> That would be incredible, but somehow I doubt there are that many
> dedicated Wikipedians that it's going to happen.
>
> Anyway, I look forward to the day when I can use Wikipedia to find out
> about the local coffee shops and Linux User Groups and radio stations
> and indie artists.  If that means I have to stop myself from clicking
> on a link to [[Harrisburg Street, St. Petersburg]] and reading about
> the width of the sidewalks, it's well worth it.
>
> Otherwise, if you can think of some way that Wikipedia can allow
> what's interesting to me but not allow what I personally find to be
> "cruft", without boring me with the nearly impossible task of going
> through every VFD discussion myself, I'd love to hear it.

Actually, it would be not too bad to put together city guides and
such, either within Wikipedia or within a separate project. But there
is so much more content of such wider interest waiting to be
developed that we shouldn't divide our efforts.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch