[WikiEN-l] Verifiability equating to notability

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Wed May 3 16:47:05 UTC 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:

> RfA too please. Everytime I read either the talk page or the project
> page I sigh with sadness...
>
> <examples snipped>
>
> sigh...grr...sigh...
>
> Why can't people just raise their concerns directly with the
> candidates, rather than using these petty concerns as a cudgel to
> bludgeon them over the head with when they're at their most vulnerable
> - asking for acceptance from the community?

Trial by fire. If someone can't take the "abuse" of a standard RfA,
they can't take the ongoing abuse that admins take all the time from
vandals, trolls, and other trouble-makers.

Personally, I went through RfA just like a lot of people here. You
don't see me whining about how I was bludgeoned over the head. RfA is
supposed to be a tough process to get through.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch