[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 3 16:18:46 UTC 2006

G'day Joe,

> On #wikipedia last night, a user pointed out I may be in violation of
> [[m:Don't be a dick]]. This is most probably true.
>
> This whole thing has gone out of proportion, and I accept that
> both of my
> actions maybe seen as incivil (albeit in good faith).
>
> I still, however, think the term hypocrite was unneccessarily
> harsh and I
> think the fact I am chair of [[WP:CJ]] is irrelevant.

"Hypocrite" is indeed a very harsh word.  While we're talking about you being [[m:DICK]]ish, however, I think being chair of [[WP:CJ]] is a pretty dickish act in and of itself.

This is, of course, assuming that CJ is what I think it is, and not some harmless "welcoming committee"-esque thing?

Cheers,

--
MarkGallagher