[WikiEN-l] Upload by default to Commons?

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 3 14:39:35 UTC 2006

G'day Steve,

> Or perhaps I'm missing something - is there any reason I should ever
> want to upload something to EN, other than fair use?

If you wanted to upload a copyvio, it's probably preferable you do so on en-WP, where there's more people ready and watching (no disrespect intended to Commons admins, they're fine people).  Also, any damage caused is thus limited to en-WP, rather than spread across other languages as the other 'pedias attempt to use that creamy image goodness.

Frankly, the number of dodgy images uploaded by irresponsible, selfish or just downright stupid people every day is enough to make one break down and gibber in terror.  The last thing we want to do is inflict our problems on Commons ...

Cheers,

--
MarkGallagher