[WikiEN-l] Watchlist feature requests (was Re: Cruft)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:08:25 UTC 2006

On 03/05/06, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of your requests are available through edition of your monobook.js.
> Contributors from fr wikipedia have created javascripts to manage watchlist
> easilly: for example, you can remove all articles from your watchlist, or
> only subpages from AfD... you can also hide bots in your watchlist. You can
> find this there :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Monobook/Fonctions_avanc%C3%A9es
>
> g.

Thanks, works well (just had to modify it a bit to work on en)! So it
seems my request of checkboxes to rapidly remove large numbers of
watched articles already existed, but I never noticed it.

For the curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Watchlist/edit

The monobook changes above improve the functionality somewhat though.

Out of curiosity, what's the process for getting a change incorporated
into the standard monobook.js?

Steve