[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Wed May 3 02:30:41 UTC 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Sean Barrett wrote:

>> We're not hunting down newbies and forcing them to participate in
>> deletion discussions.
>
> Yes, we are, every time we nominate one of their articles.

No, we're not. They're the ones who choose to keep revisiting the
page they made (or, if they're quick learners, put it on their
watchlist) and they're the ones who go out of their way to protect
the page as if they owned it. Lots of people make an edit (or an
article) and then leave it to the rest of us to handle. Some people
choose to stay and stand guard. That's their choice--we're not
forcing them to do that.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch