[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:47:24 UTC 2006

> I accept that some may see it as uncivil, but I for one do not.

My opinion on this is that, in general, if a significant number of
people are offended by a term, to knowingly use it and risk offending
them should be taken as uncivility.

It's not clear to me that this is what happened here.  You weren't
deliberately uncivil as far as I can see.

> The fact I do not find it uncivil does not make me a hypocrite.
>
> I will be more careful using it in the future though.

Well, that's a very Wikipedian way to take it.  Thanks.