[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue May 2 15:55:37 UTC 2006

Joe Anderson wrote:
> I'm trying to simply ask for opinions as to whether or not calling something
> cruft is uncivil. I'm sure the majority of AfDers would agree with me,
> though I'm sure many editors would disagree.

I consider "-cruft" to be highly uncivil and IMO it also tends to be a
good indicator that whoever's using the term doesn't have a strong
argument to support his case for deletion beyond a personal lack of
interest in the subject matter. I'm not an AfDer, though, and I suspect
this philosophy is one of the reasons _why_ I'm not.