[WikiEN-l] Cruft

Pete Bartlett pcb21 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 15:36:32 UTC 2006

Joe wrote:
>Ironic how your reply is uncivil.

Yes I thought Charles wasn't quite up to his usual high standards,
but we''ll let him off this time.

>I'm trying to simply ask for opinions as to whether or not calling something
>cruft is uncivil. I'm sure the majority of AfDers would agree with me,
>though I'm sure many editors would disagree.

If its not clear that AfD is often an uncivil place (including using -cruft etc),
then you've been there too long!

In an ideal wiki, editors taking part in AfD should be prepared for
dealing with more than their fair share (bewildered, upset) newbies
and should be extra specially careful not to bite them.

It is a great shame so many don't -
It costs us content, and more importantly, new contributors.

Pcb21