[WikiEN-l] The onward march of the meaning of "original research"

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 13:36:52 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
Essentially, I have always seen it as a useful supplement to
[[Wikipedia:Verifiability]].

When the policy is used to remove legitimate information that is
clearly correct, or to impede the daily work of contributors against
all common sense, it is used against its original purpose and should
be interpreted in that light. Policy is a means to an end, not an end
in itself.

I agree about the OR-verifiability relationship.  What confuses me in your statement is what you mean by "clearly correct" and "common sense".  Both of these are subject to POV (and OR) if left to judgement calls.  Are you restating what meets the verifiability policy with different words to help clarify or do you mean something else?~~~~Pro-Lick