[WikiEN-l] The onward march of the meaning of "original research"

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon May 1 11:31:12 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, Pete Bartlett <pcb21 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Over at the Tree of Life wikiproject we like to have people upload photos of
> any species they don't recognise and we try to identify them before dispatching
> them to a suitable article. That hasn't come under threat yet as "original research"
> but I fear it is only a matter of time.
>
> Pete

No the issue of pictures has been raised before. It is generaly
accepted that since they pretty much have to be original reseach we
are not going to worry about them. I know that policy wonks appear to
have replaced deletionists as the people to blame for everything but
it is worth remebering that they do want to see wikipedia suceed they
just see a slightly different root.

--
geni