[WikiEN-l] Greasemonkey script to filter the watchlist page

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Sat Mar 18 23:56:02 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
>   I've made a a greasemonkey (google it) script for firefox that lets
> you filter your watchlist. It adds six buttons to your watchlist page,
> letting you filter out Wikipedia: pages, User: pages etc etc.
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/stevage/HideWikipedia.user.js

Coincidentally, I just finished a user script for the same purpose:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_User_scripts/Scripts/Watchfilter

It's pretty interesting to compare the two solutions; there are a few
similarities, but not many.  Mine doesn't yet have the "hide logged in
users" feature, but it shouldn't be too hard to add.  On the other hand,
my code works with or without "enhanced recent changes" and the
filtering is reversible.

--
Ilmari Karonen